A significant benchmark for the Company is the UN Action Program “Transforming Our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”, adopted in 2015 and including the Sustainable Development Goals.
TATNEFT has adhered to high standards of corporate social and environmental responsibility policy from the very beginning of its activity. Since 2015, has been implementing the Principles and Goals of Sustainable Development. In 2019, the Company joined the UN Global Compact and the UN Global Compact National Network as a member.
Our approach to corporate governance, strategic planning and operations is based on consistency with the UN Sustainable Development Principles and Goals, humanitarian values and international initiatives in this area, a high level of corporate social responsibility, ethical behavior and openness.
We adhere to the alignment of our plans and actions with global, national and regional development priorities in the field of economic, environmental and social goals and objectives, integrating our capabilities into business decision-making. The company is aware of equal responsibility for operating results, industrial and environmental safety, as well as its role in improving the quality of life of personnel and local residents, in general, contribution to the development of the domestic economy, social programs, innovative development of the industry, as well as to solving global problems associated with environment and living standards of people.
The company adheres to and shares the principles of fundamental international declarations and conventions in the field of human rights, labor relations, anti-corruption, environmental protection, including:
• The UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights;
• UN Declaration on Environment and Development;
• OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises;
• Declaration of Fundamental Rights and Principles at Work of the International Labor Organization (ILO);
• ILO Convention No. 87 "Concerning Freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organize";
• ILO Convention No. 98 “Concerning the Application of the Principles of the Right to Organize and Collective Bargaining”;
• ILO Convention No. 111 “Concerning Discrimination in the Field of Labor and Occupation”. The principles of these international documents are enshrined in the internal regulatory documents of the Company and are integrated into corporate practice. At the same time, we follow the Provisions of the Social Charter of Russian Business and take into account in our activities the approaches of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs to the formation of indices of corporate sustainability, responsibility and openness for sustainable development.
Compliance with the principles of fundamental international declarations and conventions in the field of the Principles and Goals of Sustainable Development, Human Rights, Labor Relations, Anti-Corruption, Environmental Protection is reflected in the Company's internal documents.