Programs of improving the efficiency of oil and gas production and energy saving technologies . Application of advanced equipment and new technologies
The Company develops and implements policy measures aimed at improving performance efficiency and oil production profitability through development and application of innovative technologies, optimization of the wells stock and improvement of the fields’ development system. Implementation of these measures has allowed TATNEFT not only stabilizing but also increasing the crude oil production volume in recent years.
In addition to standard technologies, such as exploration seismology, the Company applies a number of new technologies for fields’ prospecting:
- prediction of oil-bearing areas through the artificial intelligence application;
- Identification of prospective features through application of the field geophysics and geochemistry method using the complex probability parameter of the oil prospectivity;
- geochemical prospecting method of oil and gas fields with application of passive hydrocarbons’ adsorption;
- low-frequency seismic sounding;
- geological and geophysical technology to optimize the choice of well drilling locations;
- electromagnetic sounding;
- a new set of programs for “Stratimegic” 3D seismic data processing;
- NMR probe tomography method has been tested for the first time to identify heavy oil deposits in shallow formations.
Particular attention was paid to application of new technologies in drilling.
The most effective technologies in terms of improving the quality of well casing include the use of G-grade cement, expandable plugging materials, application of collar cementing units in terms of achieving high oil flow rates, as well as construction of horizontal and multilateral wells.
There were 129 horizontal wells (including 32 wells of small diameter) and 4 multilateral horizontal wells commissioned in 2015.
The lightweight cement slurry technology is used for casing cementing with application domestic foam glass made from a product manufactured by OOO P-D Tatneft-Alabuga Fiberglass, which quality that is not any inferior to imported counterparts. In 2015, the lightweight additive - foam glass was used in the construction of wells.
PJSC TATNEFT is actively developing technologies of dual completion and production/injection of two or more layers through one well, which allows increasing the field development efficiency.
As of January 1, 2019, according to the DCP (dual completion and production) and DCP/I (dual completion and production/injection) technologies were implemented and they were in operation at 2,174 wells. The total additional production by wells of DCP and DCP/I amounted to 17,072 thousand tonnes since the start of the technology application. The average increase in oil production rate per well since the start of the application was 4.2 tonnes / day. In 2018, DCP and installations were implemented to operate on 270 wells.
The DCI technology is implemented and works on 781 injection wells, including in 44 wells equipped in 2018. The additional crude oil production in responding production wells since the start of implementation amounted to 3,087 thousand tonnes. There were 2,955 DCP and DCP/I installations in operation there and the cumulative additional production since the start of technology introduction exceeded 20 million tonnes of crudeoil.