Programs of improving the efficiency of oil and gas production and energy saving technologies . Application of advanced equipment and new technologies
The Company develops and implements policy measures aimed at improving performance efficiency and oil production profitability through development and application of innovative technologies, optimization of the wells stock and improvement of the fields’ development system. Implementation of these measures has allowed TATNEFT not only stabilizing but also increasing the crude oil production volume in recent years.
In addition to standard technologies, such as exploration seismology, the Company applies a number of new technologies for fields’ prospecting:
- prediction of oil-bearing areas through the artificial intelligence application;
- Identification of prospective features through application of the field geophysics and geochemistry method using the complex probability parameter of the oil prospectivity;
- geochemical prospecting method of oil and gas fields with application of passive hydrocarbons’ adsorption;
- low-frequency seismic sounding;
- geological and geophysical technology to optimize the choice of well drilling locations;
- electromagnetic sounding;
- a new set of programs for “Stratimegic” 3D seismic data processing;
- NMR probe tomography method has been tested for the first time to identify heavy oil deposits in shallow formations.
Particular attention was paid to application of new technologies in drilling.
The most effective technologies in terms of improving the quality of well casing include the use of G-grade cement, expandable plugging materials, application of collar cementing units in terms of achieving high oil flow rates, as well as construction of horizontal and multilateral wells.
There were 95 horizontal wells and three multilateral wells drilled in 2014 accounting for crude oil production in the amount of 130.368 thousand tonnes. The total number of horizontal wells drilled since the beginning of the activities reached 707 wells, while the number of drilled multilateral wells amounted to 107.
Much work is being done to optimize the drilling operations structure, where a significant share of wells drilled falls on the category of small diameter wells. There were 32 small diameter wells drilled at PJSC TATNEFT in 2014, including 31 wells commissioned for crude oil production (oil production amounted to 49.7 thousand tonnes). The average production rate was 10.2 tonnes per day. There were 329 small diameter wells drilled since the beginning of the activity.
Application of enhanced oil recovery methods has played a decisive role in crude oil production. In 2015, the volume of incremental oil produced at the expense of tertiary oil recovery methods amounted to 6,833.171 thousand tonnes of crude oil with a preset assigned level of 6,076.195 thousand tonnes, i.e. 112.5 % of the target preset for 2015 and 103.8 % to the fact of 2014. The share of crude oil produced through application of EOR methods accounted for 25.38 % of the total production by the end of 2015.